Summer is Coming! … as so is the rain
Dear Qi friends,
Greetings from our charming small town on the coast Sweden! My wife Karin and I have been soaking up this precious time with our sweet infant daughter. We were lucky to have a smooth home birth here in Stockholm in January and have been enjoying every moment with our baby since.
We moved from the big city two months ago and are enjoying as much outdoor time as possible, taking nice long walks in our little historic town and in the gorgeous nature surrounding us – everything brimming with Spring Qi. We are also well prepared with proper outdoor equipment for this coming rainy summer season!
TaiYin ShiTu 太陰濕土 Major Yin Damp Earth
Food as Medicine
Qi as Medicine
In addition to making wise food choices, I encourage you to keep up with your daily Qigong practice in order to maintain your health and well-being. Actually, practicing the Goat Daoist internal alchemy practice that I discussed in my previous newsletter is still a good idea (the detailed practice can be found in my book, The 12 Chinese Animals). Regular practice of “Goat Qigong” will bring powerful benefits if you practice it throughout the summer.
Training Schedule Highlights
This summer, I will continue offering teachings throughout Europe and the U.S. in order to support our Qi friends’ cultivation. Here are some highlights:
- May 13-16: I will teach Fire Dragon Meridian Qigong and Cosmic Orbit Qigong for the 46th annual TCM Congress in Rothenburg, Germany. More than 1,200 Chinese medicine practitioners from 35 countries will attend the congress – exciting!
- May 29- 31: Registration for the Shamanic Tiger Qigong workshop in Nantes, France has been fully booked since October 2014. It will be nice to meet many new friends in France!
Pacific Northwest (U.S.)
- July 10: We will kick off our Pacific Northwest teaching trip with ChaDao QinDao in Portland, Oregon. We will explore traditional Chinese culture through an evening of tea and live GuQin music.
- July 11-12: We will be offering the Dragon Body: The Secret of Daoist Internal Alchemy workshop in Portland, Oregon. This will mark only the second time I have ever shared this powerful 6 movement form from the inner teachings of Dai Family XinYi tradition.
- July 21-24: We are looking forward to hosting Lifelong Training session 2 at a beautiful retreat center/23 acre organic farm located in a pristine highland valley near the base of Mt Adams (in southern Washington state). This training is open for anyone who has completed the Level 1 training.
- July 21-24: BaGua XinJing Certification in Sandy, Oregon (about 40 minutes from Portland). We will launch our Dai Family XinYi teaching certification series this year. In order to train future teachers of Dai Family XinYi practices, we have developed this series to preserve this unique system of knowledge with students who are committed to classical Daoist internal alchemy practices.
- August 20-25: Lifelong Training level 1 on Flatön. We are happy to be returning to the Bohuslän archipelago off the west coast of Sweden (…voted one of the 10 greatest wilderness areas in the world). The spaces are filling up, so please email us to check availability before sending your application or deposit.
- August 28-Sept 2: Lifelong Training session 2 on Flatön. We look forward to continuing our training with the level one group!
Karin and I are wishing you all strong inner fire this summer,