Dear Qi friends,
Happy winter from the misty and mystical Norrtälje bay! Karin, Zenna, and I hope you and your family will enjoy this upcoming white holiday season!
Although winter 2016 officially starts today, I experienced some early snowy moments during my teaching at Northern Dipper Temple in upstate New York in October – a preview of what is ahead…
Get Ready for the Cold!
According to Chinese cosmology, this winter season will be extremely cold in the most areas of northern hemisphere, as compared with the last few winters. I expect this to be especially true in those areas that missed cold weather last winter, for instance, in the Stockholm area, where we currently live.
The Cold Water Qi (manifested as heavy mist, rainstorms and snowstorms) will officially kick in about two weeks from now.
Protect your Kidneys from Cold Water Qi
For many of us, this Cold Water season may be accompanied by joint pain, lower back pain, or/and pain along the spine. This will be especially true for those who have weaker kidney Qi.
In order to preserve and cultivate your kidney Qi, please keep yourself warm over the next few months. It is also a good idea to eat root vegetable stews for dinner and to drink ginger tea in the morning throughout the winter season.
Cultivation for Strengthening the Kidneys
Practicing HunYuanZhuang 混元樁 (the primordial stance) from the Dai family XinYi tradition everyday will be a powerful way to strengthen your kidney Qi. If you are interested, you will find more details of this special cultivation method below.
Preserving your Energy
Winter is the greatest season to preserve your energy by holding it deep within. I typically reduce my teaching activities during this season in order to focus on my personal cultivation and enjoy cozy time with my family during the winter season. I will do the same this winter!
Finishing up weekly classes in Stockholm for 2015
I will continue teaching my weekly Taiji class on Tuesdays in Stockholm this month. The Stockholm group has been enjoying our Hidden Immortal Lineage Taiji Mother Form practice over the last few months.
International Congress of Chinese Metaphysics in Bratislava
In early December, I will offer several teachings at the International Congress of Chinese Metaphysics. This will mark my first visit to Slovakia!
Looking ahead to 2016
I am looking forward to returning to Baltimore, Maryland from March 4-6. I will be offering a Dao of Tea event on Friday evening, followed by a weekend workshop featuring Mt. EMei’s practice of Opening the Spiritual Fortress and a review of the XinYi Dragon Body form.
Lifelong Training Program level one in 2016
In order to support the growing demands of our Lifelong Traning program, we will open new entry level trainings both in the US and Europe in 2016.
- The US level one training will be held in Glenwood, Washington from April 19-25
- The European level one training will be held on Flatön, Sweden from August 17-22
XinYi Certification Series Continues in 2016
After a successful Dai XinYi BaGua teacher certification course last year, we will offer another XinYi certification course in 2016. The foundation for all Dai family XinYi forms is the WuXing QuanMu form. We will hold XinYi WuXing QuanMu training in Portland, Oregon from May 2-4.
At last, after many years of preparation, we will launch our GanZhi program in Europe! It will take place on Flatön, Sweden in September 2-7.
Please check our website for updates!
For updates and details of my teaching schedule, please visit my website (www.masterwu.net)
Warm Qi from Karin and I,
- Bend your knees slightly, tuck your tailbone in and tighten your bottom muscles.
- Curve your back and close your shoulders by bringing them close together in front of your body and sucking in your chest.
- Bring your forearms and hands together in front of your body (the pinky edge of your hands are together) with your palms facing forward. The back of your hands rest on your thighs as you hold your arms as close to your body as your can.
- Keep your head upright with eyesight in horizontal.
- With each breath, breathe with your lungs, your skin, and your navel.
- With each inhalation, imagine all the pores of your skin are open and allow the universal Qi, like sunlight, to enter into your body and gather at your navel.
- With each exhalation, imagine the Qi descends from your navel to your DanTian 丹田 (the elixir field in your lower belly).